Join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Lawrence, Kansas for the
2019 Spring KASFAA Conference April 3-5.
We need your session topic ideas! The Program Committee is hard at work, but we need you to throw us a life jacket!
- Cruise on over to kasfaa.org
- Click on “Submit Your 2019 Conference Session Proposal”
- Your ticket to board is your kasfaa.org credentials
- Enter your ideas and submit!
From Nathan Buche
We have the results and this was a great group of candidates and I would like to announce the winners of the elections.
President-Elect: Darcy Johnson, Emporia State
Vice President: Ashley Jost, Johnson County Community College
Secretary: Julie Scott, Wichita State University
Treasurer-Elect: Tammy Higgins, Pittsburg State University
Associate Member: Teresa Axton
Congratulations to all candidates who ran and big thank you to all of the institutions for allowing your staff to run and serve KASFAA for the upcoming year.
Calling all KASFAA members!
It is time to put your thinking caps on and submit those session proposals for the upcoming KASFAA Spring 2019 Conference.
We are trying out a new submission process this year and here is how you do it:
Go to KASFAA.org
On the home page there is a link at the bottom of the page to “Submit Your 2019 Conference Session Proposal”
Make sure you have your login information handy so that you can access the proposal page.
You can submit the topic you want presented with a brief description of what you would like to be covered; you can even go as far as recommending a presenter!
The more proposals we get the better!
Thanks for your support in making the KASFAA Spring 2019 Conference the best one yet!
KASFAA Spring 2019 Conference Program Committee
Today is the last day to register for the Verification PDT training that will be held at Allen Community College in Iola on Thursday, October 11th.
Additional Verification trainings will be held on Octber 18th and November 1st in Garden City and Hays, respectively.
Just a reminder that elections are now open for the 19-20 officers if you have not voted yet please make sure you do.
From Sara Vancil
The Board of Directors just had our fall board meeting. I wanted to provide some key updates to the entire membership. Our various committees have been working diligently to fulfill their missions as well as the goals laid out for them in our three-year Strategic Long Range Plan.
- When we decided to stop having our on-site fall training, we convened an ad-hoc task force to look at “drive-in” trainings. This fall we are offering two NASFAA U credential trainings at five different sites. We have over 80 KASFAA members registered! At the winter board meeting, the board will be discussing if we should move from an ad-hoc task force to a permanent Professional Development committee, which would hold trainings of various types throughout the year separate from the spring conference.
- Our Corporate Support committee along with our Associate Member representative have been meeting to discuss how we can make membership and conference attendance most impactful for our vendors. The consensus has been to not move toward a tiered sponsorship plan but rather to focus on equal exposure for all our associate members. They will be looking for a la carte options to go along with the traditional sponsorship available during spring conference. A big thank you to all of our associate members who help support KASFAA!
The deadline for registering to the Consumer Information Training on September 27th at Washburn University is tomorrow 9/20/18! Get in now before it’s too late, you won’t want to miss it!
https://kasfaa.org/docs/toc_training.html <<<< Register Here
Wichita is full and there are only 9 spots left in Topeka. These are the only two Consumer Information training sites this fall!
All Verification sites have spaces available at this point in time!
- $20 per attendee, per training
- Lunch provided
- Space is limited to 20 per site (if you aren’t one of the first 20, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get put on a waitlist!)
- Check in at 8:30 for each site. Training will be 9:00- approx. 3:00
- Allen Community College (Iola) October 11th
- Garden City Community College (Garden City) October 18th
- Fort Hays State University (Hays) November 1st
- Washburn University (Topeka) September 27th
- Wichita State University (Wichita) October 25th FULL